Having spent time looking back over the past year I think it’s time we started to look forward to the next year and the easiest way to do that is to start by looking back.
At the start of 2016 I wrote a blog of New Year’s Resolutions, this is how I did:
- To try and notice the positives in life- I think it’s fair to say that with the help of happy pills I have achieved this. I still have bad days when I feel like everything is rubbish and I’d rather be asleep forever than have to get up and face the world but they are a lot rarer than they were. I feel this past year I’ve discovered new passions and reinforced those I had before making it easier for me to see things that I find beautiful or interesting.
- To sort out my body clock and keep it fixed- there have been short periods of time when I managed to actually go to sleep before 4am and get up before 12pm for more than two days in a row but it rarely lasts much longer than that. This is something I am still working on and hopefully the things I have planned for this year will help me do so.
- To eat more fruit and veg- This one is simple- I failed!
- To exercise-For the first few months I achieved this as I started playing netball towards the end of my second year at uni but since the summer not really- though as my friend pointed out to me I didn’t state any specific time period so technically I completed it.
- To make my blogs more frequent and more interesting- You tell me in the comments!
- To start playing clarinet again- I played once and was quite pleased with what I’d done until my family told me how awful it sounded and I’ve not picked it up again since- I’m a coward!
- To read more both educationally and for fun- Educationally the last term I definitely got this one on the bag but I’m not sure about for fun (got a few book themed blogs that I’m working on at the mo).
- To watch more films- Again it’s relative, I’ve watched a few films but I think it’s fair to say my passion is TV and that will always be the case.
I also said that my two main aims for the year were to:
- Finish my 2nd year of Uni with acceptable grades
- See Arsenal win the Premier League (out of my hands I know but finger’s crossed)
The latter obviously didn’t happen but it was an awesome season and who better to come second to than Leicester City? Finishing my second year took a lot more time than I thought it would but in the end I’m proud of the final result.
So now we’ve been through that what are my aims for this year? I consider aims and resolutions to be two separate things, the first is about simply achieving, the second is about improving and making yourself better. So my aims are basically the same as last year:
- Graduate from uni with at least a 2:1
- Start my Master’s degree
- See Arsenal win the Premier League
My resolutions I’ve been putting more thought into, looking at lasts year’s and considering that I achieved maybe 3/8 I’m assuming I set myself too much to achieve. Essentially there are two things I want to do this year: improve myself physically and improve myself creatively. So these are my 4 New Year’s Resolutions for 2017:
- Fix my body clock and keep it fixed
- Read 12 books in 12 months for fun
- Eat healthier/cook more
- Improve and expand my artistic skills (relative but something I’m truly passionate about doing)
So I hope you’ve all had a wonderful start to the year, admittedly this was a bit rambly and probably quite boring but I’m writing it more as a guide for myself than to entertain my readers, if you did enjoy it let me know what your plans for the upcoming year are in the comment section! Thanks for all the support this past year I really do appreciate it and don’t forget to subscribe if you haven’t already!!!